PRE-ORDER NOW - SHIPPING LAST WEEK MARCH
Punish Natural Nutrition
PURE GREENS 500g
x 50 Serves
- Take Punish Pure Greens as a healthy supplement to maintain optimal health.
- Help balance and alkalise your diet naturally with Punish Natural Nutrition Greens
- Increase Energy Naturally.
- Cleanse your body and improve digestive health.
"The only greens you need"
Free Shipping Australia Wide!
Manufactured in Australia!
Nutritional Information Panel (NIP)
SERVING SIZE 10g
SERVES PER PACK 50 SERVES
|PER SERVE||PER 100G||UNITS|
|PROTEIN (AS IS BASIS)||4.5||44.8||g|
|GLUTEN||NOT DETECTED||NOT DETECTED||PPM|
|PER SERVE||PER 100G||UNITS|
|Apple Powder (Organic)||602||6,018||mg|
|Chlorella Powder (Organic)||333||3,330||mg|
|Wheat Grass Powder (Organic)||333||3,330||mg|
|Barley Grass Powder||292||2,920||mg|
|Potassium Phosphate Dibasic||233||2,330||mg|
|Stevia Extract (Natural Sweetener)||14||140||mg|
Directions for Use
Recommended dosage, one 10g serve (approximately 2 scoops) mixed in 300mls of water, dilute to taste. For best results one serve daily or as advised by your medical practitioner.
Why Use Greens
PUNISH PURE GREENS is a nutrient and enzyme-rich, complete "Superfood" which contains nutrients essential to deliver optimal health, energy and vigour to the the body balancing and alkalising your diet naturally.
Tastes great and is very easy to drink with water.
- Take Punish Pure Greens as a healthy supplement to maintain optimal health.
- Help balance and alkalise your diet naturally with Punish Natural Nutrition Greens
- Increase Energy Naturally.
- Cleanse your body and improve digestive health.
- Punish Greens are made with only the best Pure, Natural & Organic Ingredients, Natural Flavours, Natural Sweeteners. (No Artificial Nasties).
- Contains SUPERFOOD ingredients gathered from 18 fruits and vegetables.
- Includes Certified Organic Fruit and Vegetable ingredients
- One (10g) serve is equivalent to 5 serves of fruit and vegetables # (Oracle value equivalent)
- Contains only natural ingredients, natural sweeteners and natural flavours
- Vegan friendly, gluten free, dairy free
- NON GMO
- Punish Greens are made with only the best Pure, Natural & Organic Ingredients, Natural Flavours, Natural Sweeteners.
- No Junk or Cheap Fillers!
- Detoxifier/Cleanser - detoxifying and gently cleansing your colon, liver and working on every single cell in the body. The unique combination of nutrients will help your body progressively eliminate waste which builds up on the bowel walls, cleansing the liver which is the body's main filter organ and emulsify fat helping to maintain healthy cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
- Energiser/Alkaliser - Pure Greens contains many superfoods to help give you more energy, feel more vibrant and less sluggish and stressed. Alkalinity is promoted which results in feeling more balanced and alive!
- Well-Being Promoter - Pure Greens contains potent antioxidants, and ingredients assisting in boosting stamina, endurance and the immune system. Powerful phytonutrients assist in building health internally .
- Mental focus - Pure Greens contains nutrients which may help increase mental focus, concentration and well being.
This combination will supply the body with the raw material it needs daily for optimum health and vigour.
Beware of Other Brands cheating the system:
Don’t believe all the Hype on the market about the mythical ingredients added to supplements to make them sound better than others!
It comes down to the more pure & natural cleaner and the simpler the ingredients the better it is for you!
Trust the brand PUNISH!
Best Price !!!
Best Quality !!!
Manufactured In Australia !!!
Punish - Australia’s Best Quality Supplements!
Get Better Results Using Punish!
If you get IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome) and Stomach Bloating from bad quality supplements, switch to Punish Natural Nutrition and feel the difference!
Manufactured In Australia by Punish Fight Gear Pty Ltd and Punish Natural Nutrition
Spirulina Energy booster
Spirulina contains a large amount of Chlorophyll and Phycocyanin. Phycocyanin absorbs sunlight to create carbohydrates to boost your energy levels.
Vegetarians who do not eat meat or animal products and can be lacking vitamin B12, Iron and some Amino Acids. Source of concentrated protein & Essential Fatty Acids Spirulina provides more than 60% protein including being a complete source of the 8 essential Amino Acids and 10 non-essential Amino Acids.
Adjust PH level in your body
A healthy body should have healthy PH level around 7.35-7.45 near neutral. However, with most of us leading busy lives eating take away food, consuming soft drinks, wine, dairy products and sometimes “over indulging” the PH level in our body can be too high. High acidity levels in our bodies, medical researchers tell us, can lead to increased chances of disease and even cause some cancers. By using Spirulina regularly you can easily keep your PH level low and maintain good health.
While pregnant, women often need extra nutrition. As the baby grows, more and more demand is put on her body to supply nutrients to the growing youngster. Spirulina can provide the richest and most complete source of nutrients for the “mum to be” and her unborn child so that both of them maintain good health.
Chia’s Benefits and Why They’re Important:
- Omega Fatty Acids: Chia seeds contain about 32% Omega fatty acids which is very high and rare for a seed. They are 61% Omega-3 (ALA) and 20% Omega-6 (LA). Both are essential fatty acids and aid in the prevention of heart disease.
- Fiber: Chia seeds contain about 42% fiber; 5% soluble fiber and 36% insoluble fiber. Fiber is essential for a healthy gastrointestinal system and inhibiting constipation.
- 21% protein and are high is essential amino acids, the building blocks of protein, for healthy cellular function.
- Calcium: A serving of chia seeds (1Tbls) contains as much calcium as two cups of milk. The calcium in chia seeds aids in bone health as well as para-thyroid, liver and kidney function.
Extras: Chia seeds also provide iron, magnesium, potassium (equivalent to 3-4 bananas worth), Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, phosphorus, manganese, copper, iron, molybdenum, niacin, zinc, naturally boost energy and are gluten-free.
An overview focusing on the fibre and digestive health benefits of inulin and oligofructose, their effects on calcium absorption and their functionality as ingredients of nutrient bars is presented. Nutrient bars that can be processed to contain inulin and oligofructose are breakfast bars, meal-replacement bars, sport/energy bars and health benefit bars. Inulin and oligofructose can increase the organoleptic quality and shelf life of bars, while adding significant nutritional benefits. They can offer the benefits of sugar reduction, glycerin replacement, additional fibre and enhanced calcium absorption to any bar formula.
The first unique feature of flax is its high omega-3 fatty acid content. Among all 127 World's Healthiest Foods, flaxseeds comes out number one as a source of omega-3s! The primary omega-3 fatty acid found in flaxseeds is alpha-linolenic acid, or ALA. The ALA in flaxseed has found to be stable for at least 3 hours of cooking at oven temperatures (approximately 300F/150C), which makes it available after ground flaxseeds have been added to baked goods like muffins or breads.
The second unique feature of flaxseed is its lignans. Lignans are fiber-like compounds, but in addition to their fiber-like benefits, they also provide antioxidant protection due to their structure as polyphenols. The unique structure of lignans gives them a further health-supportive role to play, however, in the form of phytoestrogens. Along with isoflavones, lignans are one of the few naturally occurring compounds in food that function as weak or moderate estrogens when consumed by humans. Among all foods commonly eaten by humans, researchers rank flaxseeds as the number one source of lignans. Sesame seeds come in second, but contain only one-seventh of the total lignans as flaxseeds. To give a few further examples, sunflower seeds contain about 1/350th as many lignans, and cashews nuts contain about 1/475th as many lignans as flaxseeds.
A third unique feature of flaxseeds is their mucilage (gum) content. "Mucilage" refers to water-soluble, gel-forming fiber that can provide special support to the intestinal tract. For example, gums can help prevent the too rapid emptying of the stomach contents into the small intestine, thereby improving absorption of certain nutrients in the small intestine. Arabinoxylans and galactoxylans are included within the mucilage gums found in flaxseeds.
This combination of features—omega-3 fatty acids, high-lignan content, and mucilage gums—is a key factor in the unique health benefits of flaxseeds. The specific areas of health benefit described below all draw in some way from this unique combination of nutrients not found in other commonly eaten nuts or seeds.
The primary omega-3 fatty acid in flaxseeds—alpha-linolenic acid, or ALA—can be helpful to the cardiovascular system in and of itself. As the building block for other messaging molecules that help prevent excessive inflammation, ALA can help protect the blood vessels from inflammatory damage. Numerous studies have shown the ability of dietary flaxseeds to increase our blood levels of ALA, even when those flaxseeds have been ground and incorporated into baked goods like breads or muffins. When flaxseeds are consumed, two other omega-3 fatty acids have also been shown to increase in the bloodstream, namely, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosapentaenoic acid (DPA). Increases in EPA and DPA also help provide inflammatory protection.
Protection of our blood vessels from inflammatory damage is also provided by the lignans in flaxseeds. These lignans can inhibit formation of platelet activating factor (PAF), which increases risk of inflammation when produced in excessive amounts. The overall anti-inflammatory benefits of ALA and lignans in flaxseeds has been further corroborated by studies in which flaxseed-enriched baked goods (like muffins) lead to decreases of 10-15% in C-reactive protein (CRP) levels. CRP levels are a commonly used indicator of inflammatory status in the cardiovascular system.
Risk of oxidative stress in the blood vessels can also be lowered by flaxseed intake. In addition to being a very good source of the mineral antioxidant manganese, polyphenols in flaxseed—including flaxseed lignans—provide measurable antioxidant benefits. The antioxidant benefits of one particular flaxseed lignan, secoisolariciresinol, have been especially well-documented. Decreased lipid peroxidation and decreased presence of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in the bloodstream have both been associated with flaxseed intake in amounts of approximately 2 tablespoons per day.
Intake of flaxseeds has also been shown to decrease the ratio of LDL-to-HDL cholesterol in several human studies and to increase the level of apolipoprotein A1, which is the major protein found in HDL cholesterol (the "good" cholesterol). This HDL-related benefit may be partly due to the simple fiber content of flaxseeds, since 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed provide about 4 grams of dietary fiber.
Although direct studies on flaxseed and blood pressure are limited (and mostly confined to flaxseed oil versus ground flaxseed), numerous studies have shown the ability of increased omega-3 fatty acid intake to help regulate blood pressure and to help reduce blood pressure in persons who have been diagnosed with hypertension. With its excellent content of the omega-3 fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), flaxseed can definitely help us increase our overall omega-3 intake and, by doing so, decrease our risk of high blood pressure.
There is one area of concern that we want to note involving flaxseeds and the cardiovascular system. We've seen one very small-scale study from Canada involving 30 children and teens (ages 8-18), all previously diagnosed with hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol) and given added flaxseed in their diets over a period of 4 weeks. The flaxseed amount was 2 tablespoons, and the form was ground flaxseeds incorporated into breads and muffins. In this study, blood levels of total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol did not significantly change, but blood fat levels (in the form of triglycerides) increased and HDL cholesterol (the "good" cholesterol) decreased. Since we would consider these changes in blood lipids to be unwanted, we believe this study raises some preliminary questions about the role of daily flaxseeds in amounts of 2 tablespoons or above in the diet of children and teenagers who are already known to have high cholesterol. Much more research is needed in this area, but if you are the parent of a child or teen who is already diagnosed with high cholesterol, we recommend that you consult with your healthcare provider about the pros and cons of incorporating flaxseeds into your child's meal plan on a daily basis in any substantial amount.
Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Benefits
It is important to realize that the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits of flaxseed do not apply only to the cardiovascular system. Oxidative stress (which is often related to deficient intake of antioxidant nutrients) and excessive inflammation (which can also be related to deficient intake of anti-inflammatory nutrients) are common risk factors for a wide variety of health problems. These problems include development of insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, asthma, obesity, and metabolic syndrome. There is preliminary evidence that flaxseed intake can decrease risk of all the problems above by increasing our anti-inflammatory and antioxidant protection.
The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits of flaxseeds also make them a logical candidate for cancer prevention. That's because chronic inflammation (even low level inflammation) and chronic oxidative stress are risk factors for cancer development. In the case of flaxseeds, evidence of risk reduction is strongest for breast cancer, prostate cancer, and colon cancer. Breast cancer and prostate cancer are included in the list of cancers known as "hormone-related" cancers. Their risk reduction may be more closely related to flaxseed than risk reduction for other cancers due to the high lignan content of flaxseed.
Three of the lignans found in flaxseeds—secoisolariciresinol, matairecinol, and pinoresinol—can be converted by intestinal bacteria into enterolactone (ENL) and enterodiol (END). ENL and END have direct effects on our hormonal balance and in this way may play an especially important role in hormone-related cancer. In addition to decreased risk of breast and prostate cancer following flaxseed intake, there is also some preliminary evidence that ENL and END may be able to alter the course of hormone-dependent tumors once they are formed. The relationship between flaxseed intake and cancer prevention is complicated, however, due to the important role of gut bacteria in converting secoisolariciresinol and other lignans in flax into enterolactone and enterodiol. This conversion process involves many different enzyme-related steps provided by a complicated mix of gut bacteria including Bacteroides, Bifidobacterium, Butyribacterium, Eubacterium and others.
The lignans provided by flaxseed have also been shown to spark increased activity by certain Phase II detoxification enzymes that are responsible for deactivating toxins in the body. This support of the detox process may help prevent accumulation of toxins that might otherwise act as carcinogens and increase cancer risk.
Benefits of flaxseed for the digestive tract—although mentioned earlier throughout this food profile—are worth repeating here. The strong fiber content of flaxseeds—including their mucilaginous fiber—help to delay gastric emptying and can improve intestinal absorption of nutrients. Flaxseed fibers also help to steady the passage of food through our intestines. Finally, the lignans in flaxseed have been shown to reduce risk of colon cancer. This impressive group of digestive tract benefits is likely to receive more attention in future research studies.
Flaxseeds and Post-Menopausal Symptoms
We've seen mixed findings in the area of postmenopausal benefits (such as reduction of hot flashes) and flaxseed intake, with some studies showing significant benefits and other studies showing a lack of significant benefits. However, there continues to be strong interest in flaxseeds and their components (including enterolactone and secoisolariciresinol diglucoside) as potential aids during management of perimenopausal and postmenopausal symptoms as well as during hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
This area of flaxseed research is admittedly complex. For example, enterolactone made from flaxseed lignans has been shown to be an estrogen agonist (promoting estrogen production, through increased formation of transcription factors like ER-alpha and ER-beta), as well as an estrogen antagonist (working against estrogen production, through inhibition of enzymes like estrogen synthetase). It's also known to lower the activity of 5-alpha-reductase (an enzyme that converts testosterone into dihydrotestosterone) and 17-beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (an enzyme that converts estrone into estradiol). Given this complicated set of circumstances that may vary from one woman to another, it may turn out that flaxseed intake is simply better at lessening menopausal symptoms in some women, and not as good at lessening symptoms in others.
Chlorella Powder Removes Toxins
It removes the presence of mercury or any other toxic substances from the body tissues.
Upon having the powder, you are assured that any toxic substance that is present in the body is taken care of and will be eradicated.
Be it through eating, drinking, or inhaling harmful agents, these organisms work through the body and get rid of these damaging elements.
Normalize Blood Pressure
It normalizes blood pressure levels which can either be too high or too low.
Normalize Blood Sugar Levels
It is helpful to diabetics since Chlorella assists in bringing sugar levels back to their normal state.
It can assist in normalizing cholesterol levels in the body.
DNA & RNA Protection
It protects DNA and RNA cells from radiation damage.
It also contains properties which are made of nucleic acids such as RNA and DNA that assist in cell formation, cell growth and development.
Prevents Alzheimer & Dementia
Prevents the onset or advancement of mental disorders such as Alzheimer's and Dementia disease because of its ability to remove heavy metal toxicity which has been found to relate to Alzheimer and Dementia.
It is also claimed that it can reverse these disorders for some who already have it.
- Promotes colon wellness by encouraging the growth of lactobacillus.
- Heals Stomach Ulcers
- Heals gastric problems such as stomach ulcers, etc.
- Immune System
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Helps in curing skin disorders such as eczema, dermatitis and acne.
- Gout and Arthritis
- Because of its anti-inflammatory properties it assists in relieving pain in those suffering from gout or arthritis.
- Cancerous Agents
- Protects the body cells against cancerous agents by increasing the production of interferon which protects the body against this deadly disease.
- Maintains estrogen levels.
- Healing and Repair
- Helps in repairing damaged tissues, and also promotes healing and growth.
- Protects the body against infections.
- Protects the liver against toxins.
- Blood Cleansing
- Cleanses blood.
- Cardiovascular System
- Maintains a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Anti tumor and Antioxidant properties
- Studies carried out on animals showed that Chlorella has several health benefits including anti-tumor and antioxidants properties, and it is also good for cardiovascular system.
- Chlorella Growth Factor
- It also heals damaged body tissues because it contains Chlorella growth factor that is an immune stimulator which can assist the body in fighting against deadly illnesses and diseases that tend to hamper one's immunity.
Wheatgrass is a complete food source. It has just about all the nutrients necessary for your body.
Wheatgrass Nutrients Include:
- Amino Acids
- Vitamins in Wheatgrass Include:
- Folic Acid
- Pantothenic Acid
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B5
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
Minerals in Wheatgrass Include:
And over 70 other trace minerals
Benefits of Wheatgrass from its Enzymes
Wheatgrass contains about 30 beneficial enzymes. Enzymes improve overall healthy functions of your body.
Most enzymes are destroyed when we cook our food. Wheatgrass is uncooked so almost all of its enzymes are retained.
These enzymes are extremely beneficial in many different ways.
Benefits of Enzymes Include:
- They improve digestion
- They purify blood
- They help with utilizing body fat for increased energy
- They help combat colon problems
- Amino Acids in Wheatgrass Include:
- Aspartic Acid
- Cystine 8
- Glutamic Acid
- Antioxidants & Protection from Free Radical Damage
Wheatgrass greatly benefits as a powerful antioxidant, preventing damages caused by free radicals to the cells of your body.
There are large amounts of beta-carotene in wheatgrass which protect the cells from damages of free radicals.
Oxidation damages to the cells can cause many health problems including:
- Heart disease
- Muscular degeneration
- Bowel inflammation
- Becoming susceptible to colds and flu
- Antioxidants help strengthen the body’s immune system as well as improving overall health and well being. They help reduce the risks of diseases.
- Benefits of Powerful Antioxidants Include:
- Blood purification and elimination of toxins
- Help with acne and other skin problems
- Improve the skin and collagen tissue
- Promote healthy gums
- Improve memory
- Reduce allergies by controlling the release of histamine
- Maintain health of the arteries and help lower fatty deposits
- Help reduce varicose veins
- Protect the cells on joints from Arthritis and Rheumatism
- Reduce and eliminate fatigue
- Restore fertility
- Help with the health and proper functions of reproductive system
- Promote youthful health
More Benefits of Wheatgrass Powder Enhance Digestion
Wheatgrass has been documented to be very helpful with a smooth digestion process.
This is because the plant is known to cleanse the colon and restore acidity to healthy levels.
There is a certain balance between various bacterial groups in a healthy digestive system and if they become off balance, they put body in a state,susceptible to disease and health problems.
This is because certain good bacteria species need each other in order to thrive and maintain healthy growth.
When this balance is off, some bacteria will grow out of control and turn into a sort of parasite in the body.
Wheatgrass benefits the body by re-establishing and maintaining this much needed balance and once this restoration is complete, the harmful bacteria will find the living conditions unbearable and they start to die and are expelled from the body making a more ideal environment for the good bacteria to develop and thrive.
Red Blood Cells and White Corpuscles
Wheatgrass boosts the formation of red blood cells and white corpuscles.
As an alkaline food supplement it balances body’s PH, restoring favorable alkalinity.
Lowers Blood Pressure
It also dilates the blood pathways and reduces blood pressure.
Cleansing & Detoxification of Liver & Colon
Wheatgrass powder detoxifies liver, cleanses colon and removes toxins from your body.
Relief from Pain and Inflammation
By lowering and helping eliminate general inflammation, this amazing supplement causes significant relief from common body aches and pains restoring the natural body’s ability to thrive and stay healthy.
Stimulation of Thyroid Glands and Metabolism
Wheatgrass stimulates the thyroid glands, therefore speeds up the metabolism.
This helps overcome obesity, indigestion, and other problems relating to slow metabolisms.
Helps with Digestion and Blood Related Problems
It also effectively fights against blood or digestion related problems such as:
- Complaints pertaining to gastrointestinal tract
- Slows Down Aging Process
The immune system is strengthened when the amino acids that are essential for growth are released into the body.
The cleansing system also intertwines with strengthening the immune system, getting rid of toxins that build up in the blood and hinder the immune system’s proper functions.
The plant is known to provide an abundant source of vitamins and iron essential for blood’s building blocks.
It rejuvenates the cells, helps with weight loss, gives you energy and increases your vigor and vitality, thus slowing down the aging process.
Wheatgrass functions as an internal rejuvenating mechanism causing and enhancing an outward glow, and the beauty the body will naturally emit is the result of wheatgrass being taken regularly.
Probably the most hailed benefit of all is the ability of wheatgrass to cut back a few years from your looks.
Its ability to recharge dying cells and darken graying hair while having a youthful effect on your skin by firming it cannot be more emphasized.
The following are a few beauty results seen in people who consume wheatgrass powder supplements:
Resolves and Treats Skin Problems
Wheat grass powder offers solutions to many skin problems and helps with the youthful glow of your skin and its elasticity.
Applying a paste of wheatgrass powder with milk on a pad can treat acne and freckles.
It also is excellent for soothing and treating:
- Minor cuts
- Athlete's foot
- Insect bites
- Acne - The detoxification process of wheatgrass is said to reduce breakouts of acne and thus promote healthy skin.
- Reduces Gray Hair & Repairs Damages
A concoction of wheatgrass powder and normal shampoo will help in reconstructing damaged hair.
Wheatgrass helps repair damaged hair and it can help turn gray hair back to its natural color.
Dandruff & Scalp Treatment
You could use it on your scalp to remove dandruff and get relief from itchy scalp.
It is claimed that you get a brighter white of the eyes when you consume wheatgrass supplements regularly.
The possibility of developing varicose veins is greatly reduced with the intake of this supplement.
So far, there is very little scientific evidence to support the many health claims for barley grass. Still, some research suggests that following a specialized diet that includes barley grass may offer certain benefits.
A 2001 study published in BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, for instance, indicates that a vegetarian diet consisting of fruit, salads, carrot juice, tubers, grain products, nuts, seeds, and a dehydrated barley grass juice product may benefit people with fibromyalgia. Analyzing data on the 26 participants who followed the diet for two months, scientists found that the diet helped relieve fibromyalgia symptoms, reduce pain, and improve flexibility.
2) High Cholesterol
In a more recent study (published in the Journal of Chiropractic Medicine in 2008), researchers found that following a diet that includes barley grass may help reduce cholesterol levels. For the study, 28 subjects completed a fruit-and-vegetable-rich nutritional program that involved several supplements made with barley grass powder. By the end of the 21-day program, participants showed significant reductions in total and LDL ("bad") cholesterol.
Broccoli, a member of the cruciferous family of vegetables, contains high levels of healthy compounds called glucosinolates. When you chop broccoli or chew it, these compounds become activated and can provide beneficial health properties. If you aren't able to consume enough broccoli in your diet, broccoli powder is a convenient source of this nourishing vegetable, offering many of the same health benefits in a more concentrated form .
Broccoli powder fights cancer, says Victor Zeines, author of the book "Living a Longer Life." Rich in beta-carotene, an antioxidant with anti-cancer effects and high quantities of calcium and folate for healthy cell and tissue growth, broccoli powder is a terrific way to obtain an cancer-inhibiting nutritional boost at any meal.
Fibromyalgia patients may benefit from adding broccoli to their diets, says certified clinical nutritionist Elizabeth Lipski, author of the book "Digestive Wellness." Lipski recommends combining broccoli powder with ascorbigen, a compound found in brassica vegetables, such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts, that prevents absorption of toxins. The combination has been known to reduce fibromyalgia symptoms by as much as 20 percent. The pair of supplements are typically taken in doses of 100 mg ascorbigen with 400 mg broccoli powder.
Broccoli may lose a certain amount of the antioxidant mineral selenium during processing into powder form and during storage, according to Atif B. Awad, author of the book "Nutrition and Cancer Prevention." This may occur in spite of storage at very cold temperatures. Broccoli powder stored at -10 degrees Centigrade lost 60 percent of its selenium content within a period of four years. This disadvantage can be circumvented by obtaining fresh broccoli powder from reputable sources and using it within a few weeks of purchase. Also, the concentrated effect of broccoli powder makes it possible to consume more broccoli in powder form than you would be able to in the fresh vegetable form, potentially making up for any processing or storage-related loss of nutrients.
Liver, Colon and Prostate Health
Liver, colon and prostate health may improve with broccoli powder supplementation, according to a study published in the August 2009 issue of the "Journal of Food and Agricultural Science." In the study, liver and colon, two important organs of detoxification and elimination, responded well to broccoli powder-supplemented diets for seven days in laboratory animals, showing increased activity of antioxidants and enzymes involved in detoxification. Additionally, levels of prostate antioxidant activity increased. The study was conducted at the Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Organic Beetroot Powder
- Rich in Nitrates
- Improves blood circulation
- Helps maintain healthy blood pressure
- Supports stamina & endurance
- Contains soluble fibre for healthy digestion
- Rich in Betain to detoxify & cleanse the body
- Alkalizing to help reduce inflammation
Kale 1. Kale is low in calorie, high in fiber and has zero fat. One cup of kale has only 36 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 0 grams of fat. It is great for aiding in digestion and elimination with its great fiber content. It’s also filled with so many nutrients, vitamins, folate and magnesium as well as those listed below.
2. Kale is high in iron. Per calorie, kale has more iron than beef. Iron is essential for good health, such as the formation of hemoglobin and enzymes, transporting oxygen to various parts of the body, cell growth, proper liver function and more.
3. Kale is high in Vitamin K. Eating a diet high in Vitamin K can help protect against various cancers. It is also necessary for a wide variety of bodily functions including normal bone health and blood clotting. Also increased levels of vitamin K can help people suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
4. Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants, such as carotenoids and flavonoids help protect against various cancers.
5. Kale is a great anti-inflammatory food. One cup of kale is filled with 10% of the RDA of omega-3 fatty acids, which help, fight against arthritis, asthma and autoimmune disorders.
6. Kale is great for cardiovascular support. Eating more kale can help lower cholesterol levels.
7. Kale is high in Vitamin A. Vitamin A is great for your vision, your skin as well as helping to prevent lung and oral cavity cancers.
8. Kale is high in Vitamin C. This is very helpful for your immune system, your metabolism and your hydration.
9. Kale is high in calcium. Per calorie, kale has more calcium than milk, which aids in preventing bone loss, preventing osteoporosis and maintaining a healthy metabolism. Vitamin C is also helpful to maintain cartilage and joint flexibility
10. Kale is a great detox food. Kale is filled with fiber and sulfur, both great for detoxifying your body and keeping your liver healthy. Clove
- Temporarily treat a toothache.
You can temporarily alleviate the pain by dabbing a little clove oil on a cotton ball and placing it on the sore tooth or on your gums. An added benefit is that it will also pull out any infection.
2. Relieve upper respiratory infections.
Ayurveda suggests making a tea to lessen, or prevent, colds and flu. It is also used as an expectorant, making it easier to cough up phlegm. Cloves are a natural painkiller and also attack germs, so they'll help you get rid of that sore throat.
3. Reduce inflammation.
Use clove oil to massage sore muscles; some also use it for arthritis and rheumatism.
4. Treat scrapes and bruises.
Cloves are pretty strong and can sting, so the best bet is to probably make a poultice with a little olive oil.
5. Improve digestion
Cloves help relax the smooth lining of the GI tract, so they help alleviate vomiting, diarrhea, intestinal gas and stomachaches. Just be careful; since they're strong, they can also irritate the stomach.
6. Enhance sexual health
Sometimes used as an aphrodisiac, cloves can also help men from reaching orgasm too early.
Kelp is beneficial in at least four ways.
1. An excellent all-around mineral supplement. Kelp is well known as an excellent source of most of the important trace minerals. There are few such sources anywhere on earth. Besides the well-known trace elements such as copper, zinc, manganese, chromium and others, kelp supplies many of the ultra-trace minerals such as germanium, iridium, rubidium and others of which we know much less. However, they may be very important for human health, especially today when the food and the soils have become very depleted.
Kelp versus other mineral supplements. Kelp is rich in iron, calcium, magnesium, with some zinc and selenium, but low in copper. This is quite a good blend of minerals and one of the main reasons why I prefer kelp to other “mineral supplements”. Most people need the extra minerals desperately. Please do not take most mineral supplements such as E-lytes, electrolytes, sea minerals, fulvic and humic minerals, and others. All of these have one or more of the following problems:
1. They do not contain the ultra-trace minerals.
2. They contain the wrong balance of minerals.
3. They contain more toxic metals without containing substances to counteract or bind and remove the toxic minerals.
Kelp versus “green superfoods”. I prefer kelp to the other “green superfoods” because:
1. Kelp is much more yang. Kelp has much more salt that causes this difference. This is quite important, although it is a somewhat esoteric difference.
2. Kelp does not lose its potency. Its higher salt content seems to preserve it. Exposing most dried vegetables to the air causes them to break down and their value is diminished, so green superfoods should always be in capsules and preferably kept in the freezer.
3. It does not contain spirulina, chlorella or blue-green algae. These common ingredients in the “superfood” formulas I do not like. They seem to build up in the liver, indicating they are not as compatible with human physiology, no matter what health benefits they may have.
4. Kelp has much more iodine, and I find this is absolutely needed today.
5. Kelp is less expensive.
2. An excellent overall nutritional supplement. In addition to its high trace mineral content, one hundred grams of kelp also contains 1.7 grams of protein, and vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K. It is particularly rich in folic acid. It also contains many other phytonutrients found in plants, along with soluble fiber. It even contains some fatty acids, including a little of the omega-3 fatty acids and others.
3. Kelp is a source of a special form of readily available calcium. This is a complex phenomenon because many foods contain calcium. However, I find that kelp, carrots, carrot juice, sardines and raw dairy contain the best forms of calcium needed today. The calcium found in pasteurized and homogenized dairy, in seeds and nuts, and in a few other foods is not as well utilized for some reason, which is not clear at this time.
4. An excellent source of bioavailable iodine. This is kelp’s best known advantage. It provides plenty of iodine, a mineral that most people need more of today due to the presence everywhere of iodine antagonists – bromine, chlorine and fluorides. These interfere with our iodine uptake and utilization, causing widespread thyroid problems and many other health problems, as well.
Also, I cannot recommend much fish or any seafood, the other good sources of bioavailable iodine, because food from the sea is now loaded with mercury. Iodized salt provides some iodine, but is not enough in almost all cases. Also, the iodine in salt is not that well utilized by some people.
Some doctors prefer not to use kelp because the amount of iodine in kelp can vary greatly. This is a concern, but not a major concern because kelp is a natural food and from our research so far, the body seems able to regulate the iodine absorption from it.